The Department of Medical Expertise and Quality Assessment of Health Services was founded at Belarusian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education in January, 2019, due to the reorganization of the Department of Medical Expertise and Rehabilitation. The target of the department is to organize retraining and advanced training courses, training courses in clinical residency for medical investigators dealing with all kinds of medical investigations, healthcare managers, medical investigators dealing with the quality assessment of health services and conduction of medical investigations.
The Department of Medical Expertise and Quality Assessment of Health Services is a successor of the Department of Department of Medical Labor Expertise, founded in 1975. Due to the reorganization of medical labour expertise into the medical and social expertise services, in 1993, the department was renamed into the Department of Medical and Social Expertise and Rehabilitation, and in October, 2008, in was renamed into the Department of Medical Expertise and Rehabilitation.
The first head of the department (1975-2000) was professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Leonora Gitkina, an honored physician of BSSR, laureate of the prize of USSR. For the 25 years of her research and academic activities, Leonora Gitkina had created a school for medical investigators of the Republic of Belarus and had prepared a number of highly qualified specialists working in the field of medical investigation.
From 2000 to 2005, the department was headed by professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences, honored scientist of the Republic of Belarus, Vasiliy Smychek.
From November, 2005, to January, 2019, the department (before its reorganization) was headed by Georgi Emelyanov, an associate professor, Candidate of Medical Sciences.
The main forms of training: lectures, seminars, practical seminars, thematic discussions, visiting lectures, conferences and independent work.
Training aids: verbal aids (speech), computer and multimedia devices, printed items (books and manuals, methodic recommendations, instructions for use and etc.), videomaterials, electronic information resources, work-books, medical and investigation documents.
The methods used at the lectures: word method (lectures, seminars and etc.), communication technologies (discussions, conferences, debates, exchange of practical skills and etc.), practical trainings, elements of research activities, creative approach (case studies, analysis of the most complicated cases), analysis of clinical data, results of expert and rehabilitation diagnostics, medical documents, self-knowledge.
Clinical bases of the department
- The main clinical base of the department is the Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Medical Expertise and Rehabilitation, which is considered to be the leading research organization in the Republic of the Republic of Belarus, which carries out scientific, organizational-methodological and practical work in the field of medical expertise, quality assessment of health services and medical investigations.
- Healthcare establishment «Minsk Medical Rehabilitation Expert Board».
- Healthcare Establishment «Minsk Regional Medical Rehabilitation Expert Board».
- Healthcare Establishment «Minsk Medical and Rehabilitation Expert Commission».
The main activities of the department:
- organization of retraining and advanced training courses for medical investigators, heads of healthcare organizations and medical investigators, dealing with the quality assessment of health services and conduction of medical investigations; training of medical investigators in clinical residency;
- improvement and modernization of the teaching process, taking into account ideological conceptions of the country’s development, bioethical principles, application of innovative methods;
- scientific investigations in the field of medical expertise in accordance with the priorities in healthcare and medical science;
- rendering of organizational and consultation assistance to healthcare organizations, state medical research organizations, which render medical care to patients and other organizations, which apart from the general medical work, carry out medical investigations, quality assessment of health services;
- cooperation with healthcare organizations, labour, employment and social protection organizations, educational organizations, insurance organizations, public organizations on the issues of medical investigation, quality assessment of medical services.