As it is evident from the documents, the first training courses for phthisiologists were organized in 1949, when the first set of advanced training courses for phthisiologists had been launched the same year. The courses were held at the 1st Therapy Department of Belarusian State Institute for Advanced Medical Training. The department was headed by (from 1949 to 1970) professor Andrei Adensky-Pinchuk (1897-1979).
From the 1st January, 1947, Samuil Agranovich, Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor, was in charge of the course on tuberculosis. He worked as an associate professor at the Department of Internal Diseases. Afterwards, S.A. Agranovich worked as a vice head of the Department of Tuberculosis of Belarusian State Institute for Advanced Medical Training.
That day, when he was assigned to the post of a vice head of the department, is considered to be the day of the department’s creation. By this time, Z.K.Zagorskaya and assistant M.I.Bobrovskaya had been working at the department. In 1963, Mikhail Lomako, director of the Scientific and Research Institute of Tuberculosis, was appointed temporarily to the post of head of the Department of Tuberculosis (part-time basis). From 1964 to 1983, the department was headed by professor Evgeny Meve (1910 - 1990), Honored Scientist of BSSR, active member of the Great Patriotic War, awarded for the service in battle with 3 orders and 16 medals. In 1980, the department was renamed into the Department of Pulmonology. From 1983 to 2010, the department was headed by professor Valentin Korovkin.
Since 2010, the department has been headed by Elena Lapteva. In 2014, the department was again renamed into the Department of Pulmonology and Phthisiology.
Clinical work of the department:
- Rounds and consultations at in-patient clinics;
- Consultations at Professor’s Advisory Center, in work-rooms, other healthcare establishments;
- Consiliums (every Thursday at Minsk Regional Tuberculosis Dispensary);
- Thoracic operations, dressings, drainages, punctures;
- Roentgenoscopies and X-ray studies;
- Pulmonary function tests, ECG;
- Call-outs for consultations and operations.
The department offers one-month advanced training courses for physicians:
- Clinical and roentgen diagnostics in pulmonology and phthisiology (for therapists, pulmonologists, phthisiologists and roentgenologists, general practitioners);
- Differentiated diagnostics and treatment of respiratory pathology (for therapists, pulmonologists, phthisiologists and roentgenologists, general practitioners);
- New technologies in diagnostics and treatment of respiratory tuberculosis (for therapists, pulmonologists, phthisiologists, general practitioners and roentgenologists);
- Pulmonology (for therapists, pulmonologists, phthisiologists and roentgenologists);
- New technologies in diagnostics and treatment in pulmonology (for therapists, pulmonologists, phthisiologists, general practitioners and roentgenologists).
The main areas of academic work:
- Diagnostics, differentiated diagnostics, treatment and prevention from chronic obstructive lung disease and asthma, pneumonia, interstitial lung disease;
- Diagnostics and treatment of patients with tuberculosis (adults and children);
- Purulo-necrotic lung diseases;
- Lung congenital abnormalities;
- Diagnostics and treatment of microbacteriosis;
- Roentgen diagnostics of respiratory organs;
- Functional methods of diagnostics in pulmonology;
- Immunological diagnostics of tuberculosis;
- Clinical pharmacology of antibacterial and antituberculosis drugs;
- Symptomatic and pathogenetic therapy of respiratory organs;
- Emergency conditions in pulmonology and phthisiology.
Specialists of the department together with the specialists from the Republican Hospital of Speleotherapy (the town of Soligorsk) work on the development and implementation of new schemes of speleotherapy of obstructive lung diseases (E.A.Lapteva).
Also, staff of the department studies the peculiarities of clinical application of electronic stethophone, develops modern approaches to the diagnostics and treatment of lung microbacteriosis, improves the method of spirometry.
Since 2010, specialists of the department have published more than 800 research works, educational guides, instructions for use, monographs.
Specialists of the department are members of the Belarusian Respiratory Society and the European Respiratory Society. E.A. Lapteva is a member of the Belarusian Respiratory Society Board.
E.A. Lapteva and I.V.Kovalenko are experts of the Belarusian Institute of Systems Analysis and Information Support of the Scientific and Technical Field. E.A. Lapteva is a visiting expert of the Unitary Enterprise «Center for Examinations and Tests in Healthcare».
The department cooperates with the Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Warsaw, Poland (joint researches on the problem of the deficit of alfa-1-antitripsine).
The department also cooperates with Manchester University (joint researches on the development of equal methodological approaches during tests’ conduction, connected with the treatment of acute chronic obstructive lung diseases (DECODE Net).
The department cooperates with the department of Tuberculosis of Kursk Medical University.
The course of allergology, immunology and occupational pathology
Tatiana Baranovskaya, Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor
Sergei Artishevsky, Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor
Address: Minsk, Uborevicha Street, 72 (The 10th Minsk City Clinical Hospital)
Phone: ( 375 17) 340-00-92
The clinical base of the Course of allergology, immunology and occupational pathology is the division of allergology, immunology and occupational pathology of the 10th Minsk City Clinical Hospital for 70 beds (for patients with occupational diseases - 10 beds; for patients with allergy diseases - 60 beds.
Patients with various allergic and therapeutic pathologies are hospitalized in the division to resolve expert issues on the connection between the disease and the profession; patients with occupational diseases.
The Department of Occupational Pathology was founded in 1961 at the 2nd Clinical Hospital, when there were 15 beds for occupational pathology patients.
Since 1983, the department had been headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor N.A. Skepian and since 1986, the clinical base of the department had been the 10th city clinical hospital. In 1999, the course of occupational pathology was renamed into the Department of Allergology and Occupational Pathology. From 2002 to 2012, the department was headed by Candidate of Medical Sciences, associate professor Tatiana Baranovskaya.
Since 2012, by Order of Rector of BelMAPE, the department had been renamed into the course of allergology and occupational pathology.
Organizational and methodological work
The Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Belarus, with the participation of the department, created the Republican Center for Occupational Pathology and Allergology, the head of which is currently Tatiana Baranovskaya, an associate professor.
The staff of the course is represented by the main specialists of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus (chief freelance allergist, chief freelance occupational pathologist).
The most pressing issues of the allergological and occupational pathological services of the Republic of Belarus are regularly and promptly solved, which is ensured by the high qualification of the expert staff of the course.
Specialists of the course:
- supervise the allergy services and the occupational pathology services;
- carry out educational-methodological and medical and advisory work on allergology and immunology, as well as occupational pathology;
- are members of the working group on the development of regulations and clinical protocols on allergology and immunology, as well as on occupational pathology;
- participate in the formation of the regulatory framework for the services of allergology / immunology and occupational pathology;
- have prepared a number of legislative acts in the form of orders, methodological and instructional letters for the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus on allergology and occupational pathology, on speleotherapy;
- participate in organization and conduction of the republican seminars, meetings of allergological and occupational pathological services.
Educational and educational activities of the staff of the course of allergology, immunology and occupational pathology
The course of allergology and occupational pathology on the specialties "Allergology and immunology", "Occupational pathology" offers:
- Retraining courses (in-campus and distance forms of training);
- clinical residency;
- PhD course.
The course of allergology and occupational pathology offers advanced training courses on the following topics:
- bronchial asthma;
- examination of occupational diseases;
- clinical immunology and allergology;
- drug hypersensitivity.
The main forms of classes are lectures, seminars, participation in scientific, clinical conferences. The teaching staff apply interactive teaching methods, work in small groups, innovative teaching methods. In practical classes, clinical cases are demonstrated, clinical analyzes are carried out
In addition, specialists of the course actively participate in offsite seminars on problematic issues (in 2016 alone, on the initiative of the Ministry of Healthcare, 5 seminars on anaphylaxis were held with the involvement of the course of allergology and occupational pathology), regularly resolve expert issues on occupational diseases with visits to the regions.