Doctor of Medical Sciences, professor, surgeon of the highest qualification category
Yury Gain was born in the family of physicians on the 5th of September, 1959 in Mogilev.
- In 1976, he finished Minsk Secondary School № 115 with a gold medal.
- In 1982, Yury Gain successfully graduated from Minsk State Medical Institute with a specialty in general medicine.
- From 1982 to 1983, he worked as a junior surgeon at Minsk Clinical Hospital №2.
- From 1983 to 1987, Yury Gain worked as a surgeon at Minsk Emergency Clinical Hospital.
- From 1987 to 1989, he worked as a surgeon and head of the Surgical Unit of Minsk Clinical Hospital №10.
- From 1989 to 1997, he worked as an assistant at the 1st department of Surgical Diseases of Minsk State Medical Institute.
- From 1997 to 2000, Yury Gain worked as an associate professor at the 1st department of Surgical Diseases of Minsk State Medical Institute.
- From 2000 to 2001, he worked as a professor at the 1st department of Surgical Diseases of Minsk State Medical Institute.
- From 2001 to 2002, he worked as an associate professor at the Department of Military Surgery of Military-Medical Faculty of Belarusian State Medical University.
- From 2002 to June 2007, he worked as a professor of the Department of Military Surgery of Military-Medical Faculty of Belarusian State Medical University.
- From July, 2007 until now, he has been working as vice-rector for research work at State Educational Establishment "Belarusian Medical Academy for Postgraduate Education”.
- In 1987, he defended Candidate’s thesis in surgery.
- In 1999, Yury Gain defended Doctoral thesis in surgery.
He is an author of more than 560 scientific works, among which there are 23 books (work books for students of medical universities and postgraduate students, guides, manuals for physicians and nurses, popular science editions), 25 instructions for methods of disease treatment, 56 patents for inventions and useful models of the Republic of Belarus, 2 works presented at the National Economy Achievement Exhibition in Belarus. He has 74 certificates for rationalization proposals.
He is a winner of the Belarusian National Academy of Sciences Award in the field of medicine (2007).
He is a scientific adviser of 2 seekers of Doctoral dissertation and of 2 seekers of Candidate's dissertation.
Government Award - medal "For labor achievements" (Degree of the President of the Republic of Belarus № 370 from the 19th of July, 2010)
He was awarded Honorary Certificate given by Presidium of the Republican Committee of Belarusian Association of Inventors and Innovators, Honorary Certificate from Minsk City Executive Committee, Certificate given by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus, Certificate from Defence Minister of the Republic of Belarus, Honorary Certificates given by Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education (3), many Certificates from the Military-Medical Faculty of Belarusian State Medical University, valuable gifts from the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Belarus.
He is an active member (academician) of the Academy of Security, Military Defence and Public Order of the Russian Federation, corresponding member of the Academy of Military Science of the Russian Federation, corresponding member of the Belarusian Engineer Academy, member of Belarusian Association of Surgeons Committee, member of Academic Medical Board of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus, President of Expert Commission of Academic Medical Board of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus, member of expert commissions of Academic Medical Board of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus in fundamental researches and regenerative medicine, member of Expert Board in international scientific and research cooperation in the field of medical care in Belarus, member of Expert Commission of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus in the approval of instructions for diagnostics, prophylaxis and treatment, member of Interdepartmental Expert Board on priority direction of fundamental and applied scientific researches "Development of new treatment, diagnostic, prophylaxis and rehabilitation technologies, medical technical appliances and units, medicines and immunobiological preparations, cell and molecular-biological technologies" in the field of applied medicine, member of the Board Thesis Defence of the Academy, member of the Republican Scientific and Technical Board in surgery, member of editorial boards of a number of Republican Scientific and Practical Journals ("Armed Services Medicine", «Ars medica», "Emergency medicine", "Surgery News", "Surgery", "Eastern Europe" etc.).
Chairman of the primary non-governmental organization "White Russia" at the Belarusian Medical Academy of Post-Graduate Education.